The Parish Giving Programme has several objectives. Firstly it reinforces parishioners’ belief that giving is an outward expression of their faith and tangible support of the Church and its good works. It also allows the Parish to estimate from its promised contributions its likely income, so that expenditure can be planned and contained within budgeted limits. Our Parish Giving Programme is split in to two collections:
- The First Collection Priest Support - This collection is taken up at the end of the Liturgy of the Word. This is given directly to the Parish Priest for the upkeep of the presbytery and for contribution to the Diocesan clergy.
- The Second Collection Parish Support - This collection is taken up at the end of Communion. This is used to cover the costs of running the Parish, Church maintenance and the costs involved with liturgy, educational programmes, administration and property management.
The proceeds are administered by the Parish Priest and the Parish Finance Committee; while a proportion of the collections are levied to assist the clergy and Church at the Diocesan level.
At Our Lady of Fatima Meadowbank, there are three methods by which our parishioners and visitors can donate and contribute to the parish.
- Donation Tap Point - Tap n Go
A quick and convenient option to make a one-off donation. All you need is a pay wave enabled debit or credit card. This can be found at the entrance of our church foyer and is currently set at $5.
- Giving Envelopes
We have giving envelopes which can be placed at in the collections taken up during Saturday Vigil/Sunday Mass. With these envelopes parishioners may allocate their giving as they consider best, between the support of the clergy, and the Parish and the wider Church.
- Automatic Payment/Bank Transfer
You may opt to set up regular payments to contribute to the parish. This can be set up via internet banking, setting up the amount and frequency that you desire to contribute. The bank account details are provided below, with one account for the first and second collection as stated above.
- Account Name: R C Bishop of Auckland
Account Numbers: Parish Support 02-0100-0120974-10 AND Priest Support 02- 0100-0120974-11
Particulars: (Your Name)
Code: your giving number (if available)
Reference: Planned Giving
Annual Tax Receipt - The Government allows you to claim tax relief on the donations you give to the Church and other charities. This means you can qualify for a rebate of 33% for all donations. As part of the Parish Giving Programme you will be sent an annual receipt from the Parish as a record of your total contributions for the financial year. This receipt is for tax purposes and will be available after the 31st March of each tax year.
Please contact the Parish Office via email firstname.lastname@example.org for all Parish Giving enquiries.