On this page, you will find all the information for the Sacramental Programme 2022.
Susanna Day is the Sacramental Programme Facilitator and will be conducting all the sessions.
If you have any questions at all about:
Lessons/ceremonies please email email@example.com
Non-lesson related including absences please email firstname.lastname@example.org
Please be aware that Mt Carmel School is not involved in the organising of the sacramental programme so please make sure all non-lesson related enquiries go to email@example.com.
Face to Face Sessions
- For all parents and children attending the sessions, please wear a mask at all times.
- If you are at all unwell or have coughs/runny nose etc. Please do not attend - even with a negative RAT result. Instead, email Emily prior to the session at firstname.lastname@example.org and she will give you the link to a catch up zoom session which I will run on Sunday evenings at 5 pm. Please note this is for medical reasons only - otherwise it is a requirement that you attend the lessons and Mass in person.
- We will have the windows open for ventilation during the lesson, please consider an extra layer of clothing especially with the cooler weather.
- Please ensure you bring along the folder your child was given that has all the worksheets and plus a pen or pencil.
- Please sign in on the attendance list which will be at the door.
- If you have concerns about attending Mass in a larger group setting, may I suggest you consider coming on a Saturday evening when you to participate in the Mass on the TV there.
It is really important that you attend all the sessions of the Sacramental Programme.
|Sat 5 Mar
Sun 6 Mar
|Reconciliation 1 ✔|
|Sat 12 Mar
Sun 13 Mar
|Reconciliation 2 ✔|
|Sat 19 Mar
Sun 20 Mar
|Reconciliation 3 ✔|
|Wed 23 Mar||7:00pm||Reconciliation Ceremony ✔|
|Sat 7 May
Sun 8 May
|Sat 14 May
Sun 15 May
|Confirmation 2 & Ceremony Practice|
|Wed 18 May||7:00pm||Confirmation Ceremony|
|Sat 21 May
Sun 22 May
|Sat 28 May
Sun 29 May
|Sun 12 Jun||11:00am||Ceremony Practice|
|Sat 18 Jun||2:00pm||First Communion Ceremony|
(Due to gathering restrictions, we ask that you be aware that there is a possibility we may have to adjust these dates and amend the form with which the ceremonies will take place. We thank you in advance for your patience and please be assured we will keep you updated.)
Reconciliation – Wednesday 23 March 7.00pm
Children should be dressed tidily as they would to a normal Mass.
Confirmation – Wednesday 18 May 7.00pm
Children should be dressed tidily as they would to a normal Mass. In the weeks prior I will have directed them to research and chose a Saint’s name for this occasion, but you may wish to start discussing this with them. On this evening they will need their Sponsor to attend. A sponsor is often a Godparent but the main guidance on this is that they must be Catholic, over 16 years and themselves confirmed.
First Holy Communion - Saturday 18 June 2pm
Children should be dressed smartly. Girls in a white dress (veils may be wore but are no longer required) and boys in a white shirt and dress pants. The Parish has a selection of outfits which can be borrowed so please contact the office if you do not have something suitable.
Following the ceremony, there is traditionally a get together organised by the children’s parents. There is a portion of the budget allocated for this and it could be held either in the Clery Centre or at Mt Carmel School hall. Please consider if you would be happy to be on the committee to organise this. In a month or two I will ask for volunteers and by then we will hopefully have a clearer idea regarding numbers likely to be allowed.